The OPA is awaiting more information before formally scheduling and collecting registrations for this event. We will update this website and begin advertising as soon as we know what event arrangements will be.
This half-day training seminar on topics in project management will be facilitated by a certified Project Management Professional (PMP). This training intends to identify criteria for project management success, to evaluate current project management practices and techniques, and to give postdocs techniques and tools to help reach their project goals.
The agenda includes:
- An overview of project management
- Project management as a discipline
- The roles and responsibilities of a project manager and project team
- Using project management principles during your postdoctoral position and in future work environments
- Building a project Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Developing a project schedule
- Analyzing and evaluating project performance
Attending this event counts towards the Postdoctoral Professional Development Certification program. You must register for the event on BuckeyeLearn, as well as attend at least 75% of the event to receive credit.