Tuesday, July 13, 20 and 27, 2021
(detailed agenda below)
Online via Zoom (links sent upon registration)
Succeeding in research is facilitated by helpful mentors. But this doesn’t mean passively following your mentors – you must proactively “mentor up” as you engage with your mentors. In this workshop, you will learn how to maximize your relationship with your mentor and to develop and use a Mentoring Action Plan (MAP) to navigate mentoring relationships to meet your goals.
Attendance is limited to 30 postdocs.
Tuesday, July 13
- 12:00 – 1:00 Ice breaker and Intro
- 1:00 – 2:00 Aligning Expectations
Tuesday, July 20
- 12:00 – 1:00 Promoting Mentee Research Self–Efficacy
- 1:00 – 2:00 Achieving Independence
Tuesday, July 27
- 12:00 – 1:00 Maintaining Effective Communication
- 11:00 – 2:00 Seeking Professional Development
This workshop counts toward the Academic Job Search component of the Postdoctoral Professional Development Certificate. Please register for the event on BuckeyeLearn before the event to ensure you get credit.