About the Program
The Ohio State University Office of Postdoctoral Affairs (OPA) and W.K. Kellogg Foundation Postdoctoral Recruitment and Onboarding Supplement (OK-PROS) program supports postdoctoral scholars recruited by Ohio State faculty by providing up to $5,000 to aid them with jump-starting their research agenda at the university and relocating to Columbus (or other Ohio State location). Thanks to the W.K. Kellogg Foundation’s generosity and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives, we will be able to provide onboarding funding for up to forty incoming postdoctoral scholars over the 2022-2023 academic year.
The OK-PROS program supports postdocs, who are committed to contributing to diversity, equity, and inclusion in their disciplines, across Ohio State, and in higher education more broadly.
Postdocs must initiate the request for OK-PROS support through the application submission system. Once complete, the application will be routed to the postdoc’s faculty mentor for review and approval. Details on the required application materials can be found below.
OK-PROS Application Summary
All application materials, including those drafted by their faculty mentor, must be submitted by the postdoc candidate applying to the OK-PROS competition. Specific documents that must be prepared include:
Faculty Mentor needs to draft…
Postdoc Candidate needs to draft…
Important Dates for OK-PROS Cycle 2
- Application portal opens: Friday, January 6, 2023
- Application materials are due: Friday, February 3, 2023
- Review Period: Monday, February 6 through Friday, February 24, 2023
- Cycle 2 Award Announcements: the week of March 6, 2023
- Faculty Mentors must have PI status at The Ohio State University.
- Postdoc Candidate
- Citizenship: can be US citizens, US permanent residents, and visa holders.
- Start date: Applicants must be able to join the university community no later than August 2023 to be eligible to receive these funds. Current postdocs at the university who are interested in applying to this program must be within the first year of their position at the time of submitting their application materials.
- Time from terminal degree: Any postdoc who is in their first year of study, or who will soon join Ohio State, is eligible to apply, regardless of when they received their terminal (e.g., PhD, MFA) degree.
- Other considerations: Successful applicants will increase and be champions of diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts both within their academic discipline and across the University community through their research and planned activities.
Please note: faculty mentors are able to submit nominations for multiple incoming postdocs, provided application materials are distinct and the postdocs meet other eligibility criteria.
Learn More about Application Components
Please read through our application guidelines and the evaluation criteria that will be used for evaluating applications here. We have also provided examples for ways to address specific parts of the application. Please note: all materials must be submitted by the postdoc, including those prepared by their chosen faculty mentor. Make sure to review our application guidance prior to starting your application in Qualtrics.
If you are ready to submit, click here to start your application.
Please reach out to our team with any questions you have about this program.