About the Program
The Ohio State University Office of Postdoctoral Affairs (OPA) and W.K. Kellogg Foundation Postdoctoral Recruitment and Onboarding Supplement (OK-PROS) program supports postdoctoral scholars recruited by Ohio State faculty by providing up to $5,000 to aid them with jump-starting their research agenda at the university and relocating to Columbus (or other Ohio State location). Thanks to the W.K. Kellogg Foundation’s generosity and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives, we will be able to provide onboarding funding for up to forty incoming postdoctoral scholars over the 2022-2023 academic year.
- OK-PROS supports faculty-postdoc teams committed to contributing to diversity, equity, and inclusion in their disciplines and in higher education.
- OK-PROS is unique across the Big10 Academic Alliance for providing institution-level postdoctoral relocation and onboarding support!
8/10/22 eligibility update: we are waiving the time since completion requirement for all OK-PROS nominees. Any postdoc who is in their first year of study, or who will soon join the university community, are eligible to apply for this fund, regardless of when they received their terminal degree.
- Faculty Mentors must have PI status at The Ohio State University.
- Postdoctoral Scholars can be US citizens, US permanent residents, and visa holders. Applicants must be able to join the university community no later than August 2023 to be eligible to receive these funds. Current postdoctoral scholars at the university who are interested in applying to this program must be within the first year of their position at the time of submitting their application materials. Successful applicants will increase and be champions of diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts both within their academic discipline and across the University community through their research and planned activities.
Please note: faculty mentors are able to submit nominations for multiple incoming postdocs, provided application materials are distinct and the postdocs meet other eligibility criteria.
Please read through our application guidelines and the criteria that will be used for evaluating nominees. If you are ready to start your application, you may find the application system here. Please note: applications must be initiated by the nominating faculty mentor and require several prepared documents to also be uploaded, so make sure to review our application guidance prior to starting your application in Qualtrics.
- Application portal opens: July 6, 2022 (click here to submit your application)
- Due date for round 1 applications: Friday, September 2, 2022, 11:59 PM
- Application review period: September 5-23, 2022
- Recipients announced: the week of September 26, 2022
Please reach out to our team with any questions you have about this program.