March 27-29, 2020 | San Diego, CA
Deadline to apply: February 14, 2020
The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs will be sponsoring travel awards for postdocs to attend the National Postdoc Association’s Annual Conference.
The prerequisites for applying are as follows:
- You must be a member of the NPA. Membership is free and you can activate your affiliate membership here.
- You must commit to participate in a special conference report event co-organized by the PDA and the OPA. You will be asked to present on something you learned at the conference that can be implemented by you, the PDA, and/or the OPA.
Please note that the travel award will cover the cost per person to attend the meeting. This includes hotel, registration (rate for member postdocs), and per diem. We will be providing transportation options. For any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wondering why you should apply? Here are 5 good reasons to go the NPA Annual Conference
- This is the largest conference and networking event for and about the postdoctoral community
- Great networking opportunity to meet peers from other institutions, administrators, and other professionals
- A chance of meeting with employers who are interested in hiring postdocs at Career Connections
- A great variety of professional development workshops (see last year’s agenda for examples)
- Learn about strategies and tools to strengthen the Postdoctoral Association
2019 – Orlando, FL
2018 – Cleveland, OH
Douglas Cheung (Cancer Biology and Genetics)
Angela Filous (Neurology)
Yalda Khosravi (Microbial Infection and Immunity)
Justina Ogodo (Teaching and Learning)
Leanna Perez (Nisonger Center)
Juliana Vasco Correa (Food, Agricultural, and Biological Engineering)!
2017 – San Francisco, CA
Myrriah Chavez Tomar (College of Medicine)