National Postdoc Appreciation Day/Week has been sponsored by the National Postdoc Association (NPA) as a way of recognizing the contributions that postdoctoral scholars make to research and discovery in the United States. Institutions all over the country and even worldwide hold special events in recognition of NPAW. For more information on the NPA and NPAW, click here.
National Postdoc Appreciation Week 2019 at Ohio State
September 16 – 20, 2019
National Postdoc Appreciation Week 2018 at Ohio State
September 17 – 21, 2018
Monday, September 17th: The OPA’s NPAW Kickoff Event
- Join the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs (OPA) as we launch NPAW 2018! We will be presenting our annual faculty and postdoc awards, host a panel of former postdocs who have transitioned to academic and non-academic positions, and close with a table fair/networking session.
- 3-5 PM in Room 115 of the Biomedical Research Tower
- You can view the full agenda here.
- Register here.
Tuesday, September 18th: The PDA Vendor Show
- The fall vendor show in collaboration with VWR serves as the PDA’s annual fundraiser. It is an opportunity for postdocs to meet various vendors, learn about their products, participate in a raffle, enjoy pizza and meet other postdocs. You can read more and sign up to volunteer here.
- 10 AM – 2:30 PM in Room 115 of the Biomedical Research Tower
Wednesday, September 19th: Monthly PDA Meeting
- The monthly PDA meeting is a chance to learn more about the Postdoctoral Association, what they do, and how you can get involved.
- 12 PM – 1 PM in Room 130 of the Biomedical Research Tower
More information and the links to register will be sent out as the dates approach.
National Postdoc Appreciation Week 2017 at Ohio State
September 18 – 22, 2017
Monday, Sept 18th: OPA Kickoff Event and Town Hall Meeting
Tuesday, Sept 19th: Professional Headshots in the Ohio Union
Wednesday, Sept 20: PDA Ice Cream Social
Thursday, Sept 21: Free screening of The PhD Movie
Friday, Sept 22: PDA Happy Hour at Woody’s Tavern
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org