Postdoctoral Scholars Orientation: The Essentials
All recently hired postdoctoral scholars are invited to this special orientation program. This is an opportunity to:
- Learn about how the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs and the Postdoc Association can help and support postdocs at Ohio State
- Get introduced to important things you’ll need to know as you pursue your postdoctoral training
- Meet other postdocs
- Ask questions
Postdocs who attend orientation will receive a folder containing various flyers and brochures of interest (resources, contact information, etc.)
Check out our agenda here.
Can’t make it? You can access the recorded orientation here. *Please note: you may encounter issues with the video depending on the browser. The video works well in Google Chrome, but Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox may ask you to update to the latest version of Adobe flashplayer.
Here are some other helpful resources:
Individual Development Plan (IDP)
An Individual Development Plan (IDP) is a tool to help support, plan, and track your career development and learning opportunities. In this half of the orientation, you will learn how to build and use an IDP based on your greatest strengths, address areas for growth, and confidently discuss your IDP with your supervisor.
For more information about IDP’s, check out our resources here.
Upcoming Orientation Dates
- January 30, 2019 in BRT 134
- February 26, 2019 in 352 Research Commons
- March 27, 2019 in 352 Research Commons
- April 23, 2019 in 352 Research Commons
- May 22, 2019 in 352 Reseach Commons
- June 26, 2019 in 352 Research Commons