The Ohio State University Office of Postdoctoral Affairs (OPA) seeks to prepare the next generation of research leaders by enhancing their postdoctoral experience through career development opportunities, advancing the quality of the training environment for scholars, and providing resources and support to faculty mentors. OPA collaborates with faculty, postdocs, administrators, and external entities to support postdocs in all aspects of their training.
Specific duties include:
- Funding Ohio State’s membership to the National Postdoc Association (NPA)
- Providing postdoc orientations for newly hired postdocs to learn about available resources and opportunities
- Assisting faculty who mentor postdocs to develop highly productive and collaborative relationships with postdoc mentees
- Collecting and maintaining data on the Ohio State postdoctoral scholars population
- Organizing career or professional development events and programs