- Have obtained a PhD or other appropriate terminal degree by the nomination deadline or later, from an accredited university before the start of postdoctoral training.
- Be able to begin their postdoctoral position no later than January 1, 2024.
- Complete an individual development plan (IDP). Suggested resources: STEM fields and/or Humanities and social science fields. Note, the IDP is necessary for the mentoring plan.
- Obtain sponsorship from an Ohio State tenure-track faculty member who is willing to serve as their primary mentor.
- Show evidence of superior academic achievement (such as research or creative expression outcomes, honors or other academic designation).
- Demonstrate a commitment to a career in research and creative expression (preference will be given to candidates who wish to pursue academic careers).
- Nominees who are currently working at Ohio State as postdoctoral scholars must have been hired after November 1, 2021.
- Ohio State graduate students are eligible but preference will be given to external candidates.