2021 Ohio State Fair Swine Dept. Rules and Information
The 2021 Ohio State Fair Livestock department rules have been posted at: https://ohiostatefair.com/agriculture-livestock/livestock/
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR SWINE EXHIBITORS:
- Ohio State Fair will be a ractopamine free fair.
- THERE MAY BE TESTING FOR RACTOPAMINE AT ALL SESSIONS
- Exhibitor Affidavit for the Market Barrow Show will be required
- Market Barrows will be required to have an 840 Tag. It is preferred that they be the EID (Electronic Identification) 840 Tags but non-EID tags will be accepted this in 2021.
- These should be placed in the pig from the breeder they originate from, and if possible, please have them placed in the RIGHT EAR.
- If you do not have one, you will want to work with your local vet to obtain one.
- All swine must be tagged with an 840 tag.
- All exhibitors must have a premise ID (this is based on the location the pigs were raised, so the same premise ID will cover all siblings).
- Please go to https://agri.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/oda/divisions/animal-health/animal+id/premise-registration-form-fillable840 tags for getting a premise ID, please talk to your veterinarian.
- All Market Exhibitors will be required to enter parent/guardian PQA Certification ID#at the time of entry.
- Remember, if the parent/guardian completed this last year, they are good for 3 years and can use the certification ID# they received last year (or within 3 years)
- Email Kathy Bruynis (email@example.com) as she can enroll you in the PQA online class. She will need the following: Name of adult taking the class; birthdate; address; phone number; email; and farm name.