(Submitted by Kelly O’Bryant, Business Specialist, SBDC Export Assistance Network, OSU South Centers)
Sourced from: hr.blr.com
- Use strong passwords.
- Change passwords regularly.
- Do not share user names or passwords.
- Make regular backups of critical work.
- Avoid clicking on links to websites provided in e-mails.
- Use discretion when opening e-mail attachments.
- Confirm that an e-mail request for sensitive information is authentic before complying with it.
- Be wary of unexpected changes in established protocols for financial transactions.
- Ask IT before installing or connecting any personal software or hardware to the organization’s network or hardware.
- When traveling on business, keep laptops and other mobile devices hidden from view, and do not leave them unattended in unsecured areas.