(Submitted by Melissa Carter, Business Development Specialist, Small Business Development Center, OSU South Centers)
Social media is ever-changing and evolving. First, all you had to do to gain views was post. Then, you needed to add pictures to a post. Now, video and livestreaming is increasingly popular.
Pressing that Live button can be daunting on Facebook, but for a business, it’s a great way to provide a tour of your facility, new product launches, cooking demonstration, or just a way to answer questions from your followers. Facebook Live will save on your timeline for followers to watch whenever they can.
Some helpful tips before you create a Facebook Live video for your business.
• Make sure you have a reliable signal – strong WIFI or 4G
• Promote your upcoming broadcast
• Minimize background noise
• Write a compelling description
• Purchase a mount/tripod – this is great to stabilize your phone
• Introduce yourself and allow people a minute or two to join the stream
• Be human, engaging, and interactive
• End your video with a call to action and thank viewers for watching