(Submitted by Kelly O’Bryant, Director, SBDC Export Assistance Network, OSU South Centers)
Companies today compete in a global market that is significantly larger than the United States market. With 95 percent of the world’s population living outside the United States, it is time for small companies to explore these potential customers and benefit from these lucrative global markets.
The Ohio Small Business Development Centers Export Assistance Network located at the OSU South Centers in Piketon, serves as southern Ohio’s first point of contact for export assistance to expand businesses, by connecting Ohio entrepreneurs and small businesses with new buyers and new international markets.
The Export Assistance Network staff will assist companies by providing no-cost, in-depth and confidential counseling, including:
• assessment of your company’s global readiness
• securing international market research and regulatory information
• development of an international business plan
• international transaction assistance
• networking with service providers
• introduction to federal and state government agencies that provide services, programs, and financial resources to companies seeking to export
• training events
• financial assistance (IMAGE/AEG grants)
• Export Internship Program
For more information regarding no-cost confidential export assistance from the Ohio State University South Centers Ohio Small Business Development Centers Export Assistance Network, contact: Kelly O’Bryant, Export Assistance Director, 1864 Shyville Road, Piketon, OH 45661, Phone: 740-289-2071 ext 235, Fax: 740-289-4591, or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org