(Submitted by Melissa Carter, Business Development Specialist, Small Business Development Center, OSU South Centers)
While many individuals have already taken advantage of Black Friday or Small Business Saturday, there are still many days left in the Holiday Season. As a business, here’s a few ways to entice consumers to continue to shop at your location.
1. Offer gift cards/certificates. The simple and easiest gift for anyone. If your products/services are seasonal, gift certificates are a great way for your business to stay relevant in the off months.
2. Bundle products for an “under $25” or “under $50.” A lot of gift exchanges are a certain dollar amount so take the guess work out of the cost for the consumer.
3. Know your limits. If you are selling online, know how many items you can produce before your shipping deadlines.
5. Do a two-for-one deal, so the buyer can keep an item and give an item as a gift.
6. Promote little items as stocking stuffers.
7. Ramp up your social media marketing – stay current in the eyes of the consumer. Offer a “Facebook only” discount or promote products/services that would be good gifts.
9. Generate a post-holiday discount to entice customers to return.
10. Create a discount around giving back – have customers bring in can goods, coats, or a new toy for a discount on a purchase.
11. With the hustle and bustle of this time of year, it is good to have adequate staff on hand to create a positive experience for the customer.
Happy Holiday Marketing!