(Submitted by Patrick Dengel, Business Development Specialist, Small Business Development Center and Adjunct Instructor, University of Rio Grande MBA Program/OSU South Centers Collaboration, OSU South Centers)
Christmas Season is recognized as the premier time to sell products and services. However, when one looks at the calendar year, there are 18 additional major “shopping” events that can help to promote your business sales. Small businesses that recognize, plan, and match promotions of products/services within the “spirit of the various event/ holiday periods” can get an added edge on sales when advertisement dollars are limited.
Below is a sample calendar that can help small businesses plan promotional media sales and events throughout the year.
• Anniversaries of the Business
• Customer Birthdays and Anniversaries
• Weddings, Birth of Children, and Retirement
• Special Events Specific to Groups of Customers
• Festivals and Community Programs
• Primary, Secondary and Post-Secondary Programs, and Graduations