About Sarah

Hi everyone! My name is Sarah Pace, and I’m currently a first year optometry student at The Ohio State University College of Optometry. I’m originally from Cranberry Township, PA, and I’m the daughter of John and Donna Pace.

I graduated in 2017 from Westminster College in New Wilmington, PA, and we only had about 1,200 total undergraduate students. So, you can imagine my transition to OSU was a rather large one. During my four years as a Biology major with a Spanish minor at Westminster, I was a four year member of the varsity Women’s Swim Team, treasurer of Tri Beta (the biological honors society), a member of Phi Mu sorority, a member of the Spanish honors society (Sigma Delta Pi), and a member of Mortar Board, the senior honors society. I also wrote for our college sector of “The Odyssey”, a national blogging organization that exists on multiple university and college campuses in the US.

So as you can tell, I have a wide range of interests! So you might be asking, “Why optometry?” And my answer to that would be a long one. However, the short and sweet answer is that I come from a long line of ocular issues, and I have a deep passion for serving the public. Since many people fear loss of sight more than the other five senses, the profession of optometry is one that is always needed and will continue to save lives. I am honored to be a part of such a phenomenal profession, and I am so grateful to be a Buckeye.