Second Semester BuckEYE!

This semester is flying by! We have been back for a little over a month, and have already had Epsilon-Psi-Epsilon pledging, ordered our equipment that we need for next year, had our first few clinic experiences, EyeBall, a few club meetings, and completed our first exams of the semester in just about every class! While this semester has been off to a busy start, I want to share just a few of the highlights!

The E-Psi-E events were definitely my favorite experiences of this semester so far. Epsilon-Psi-Epsilon, Beta chapter, is the professional fraternity that we have for Optometry students at Ohio State. During pledging week, the active members host a scavenger hunt, trivia night, initiation, and skit night that the first years can participate in. The scavenger hunt was so much fun! Our class was divided into teams (go green team!) where we had to find different things and places around the College of Optometry, the whole Ohio State campus, and even a couple places around the city! This gave me a chance to discover places that I had no idea existed, like an amazing taco truck in the next town over. By far my favorite part of the scavenger hunt was getting to know some of my classmates better.

EyeBall was also so much fun! It is an annual event for students, faculty and staff of the College that is part of AOSA awareness week. The night included dinner, music, dancing, socializing, and a raffle for various prizes!

Lastly, my favorite club meeting of the semester so far was with the Sports Vision Club. We had the opportunity to tour the OSU football practice facility and learn more about how they assess and rehabilitate concussions, and how that relates to our role as future Optometrists!

That’s all I have for now! I’ll keep you updated! 🙂