Final Stretch!

Good gravy. It’s December 1st… Does anyone know where this year went!?

Seriously. The past semester has flown by. It seems pretty unbelievable, but in just 3 short weeks I will be done with my first semester of Optometry School.

*Insert screaming here*

That’s just crazy to think about.

The past several weeks have, thankfully, been relatively uneventful.  Nevertheless, I’ll sum up the highlights for you.

1.Midterms Round 2

The second round of midterms, unlike the first, spanned the course of about three weeks.  Though this definitely decreased the stress of having to learn all of the material for all of the classes in (essentially) a week’s time, it also completely altered my typical studying habits. Consequently, rather than staying caught up on material, I found myself cramming for each sequential midterm.  Thankfully though, this technique proved to be relatively successful.. Which is excellent, because it’s a strategy that it looks like I’ll have to use for the quickly approaching finals week

2. Thanksgiving!

After a semi-stressful few weeks of classes, there is nothing so great as spending time with loved ones.  I was privileged enough to be able to go home for the extended weekend, and had a wonderful time cooking, feasting, and generally avoiding studying.

3. Ocular Practical

Unfortunately, skipping studying over break was not my wisest of decisions, as today, two short days after returning to school, I took my lone Ocular Anatomy practical.  It admittedly did not go well.  However, the professor, Dr. Chandler, provided coffee for us afterwards, which did a great job of distracting me from my lower than anticipated score 🙂

And will probably keep me awake for the rest of the night.

I’m okay with that though..  After all, what better time is there to start studying for next Monday’s General Anatomy practical while listening to Christmas music?

‘Til the next time!

-Hannah