An Unexpected Day!

Hello!

I couldn’t help but write a quick blog about this unexpected day. We had an ocular anatomy exam on Tuesday and an optics exam this morning, so it has been a week of intense studying. While studying practically nonstop is hard, it is kind of exciting to start taking tests because it takes away some of the mystery. It is nerve-wracking waiting to get our test results back, but I am ready to find out how my study habits are working. I have found that each class requires different study methods, but across the board, flashcards have been really helpful. Many of us use Quizlet for our cards, which is great for sharing! It is helpful to share flashcards because it makes for a huge variety of questions to study from. For example, my ocular anatomy flashcard count was at 281! Crazy! Thankfully, these are digital flashcards, so no trees were harmed in the process.

This morning we had our optics exam followed by a few hours of lecture (general anatomy and pathophysiology). After a tough week, a group of us decided we deserved a lunch better than what we packed, so we went to Panera Bread. While we were at lunch, our pathophysiology professor came by to get lunch at Panera, too. After she got her lunch, she came walking out to our table with a warm chocolate chip cookie for each of us! I could not believe she went out of her way to buy us each a chocolate chip cookie! Shortly after the cookies, we got an email saying that our afternoon lab was rescheduled! While we love our classes, nobody slept more than 5 hours last night and needed a break. We took an extra-long lunch, packed up our stuff and headed home! I commute about an hour and ten minutes, so I am always relieved to be able to beat rush hour. (I’ll try and provide more details on my commuting experience later).

While driving home, I was reflecting on the events of the day, and I was just smiling in my car. Optometry school is hard, but I am so much enjoying it. Yes, we had a test this morning that was challenging, but it was followed up by interesting lectures, lunch with classmates, free cookies, and an unexpected free afternoon! As for the rest of my day, I decided to have a cup of tea and watch an episode of Gilmore Girls while I write this blog. The rest of the evening will be back to the normal study routine. We have two exams next week and one the following week, so only a short break today.

Enjoy your evening!