G.O.A.L.S.

Global Awareness: I plan on studying abroad with the Canadian Parliament Internship next summer and will take classes concerning that in order to increase my global awareness. I have never even been outside the country and I believe it will be a good opportunity to not only get experience in a field I am interested in but also experience a different country and get out of my comfort zone. I also will take classes for my major relating to international relations in order to better understand world politics to become a better global citizen.
Original Inquiry: In order to work towards original inquiry, I am going to take part in research. I have already been in talks with a professor in the psychology department about working with him in an area that I am interested in and I am continuing to take classes with him in order to get to know him and the area better. I would also like to eventually write a final thesis and develop individual research after learning and getting involved with the psychology department.
Academic Enrichment: I will use the Academic Plan and then Honors Contract to satisfy my academic and professional interests and needs by forming a curriculum from my major in political science and my minor in psychology that will make me a good, varied contender for law school. I am excited for a few of the comparative studies GEs that I am going to take because I like the department and the style of the class. I think they’re not only good for satisfying requirements but exposure to diversity and critical thinking. Comparative studies classes are a great combination of film, literature, and conversation that I really enjoy.
Leadership Development: In my years at OSU, in order to prepare for law school I am going to get involved with at least one internship that will give me some leadership experience. Whether it be working for a local politician or going back to my state during the summer and getting involved at a political origination in New York City, I want to get internship experience before I apply to law school. Even though I am studying abroad, I want real world, actual experience for a prolonged period of time. Other than that, I will get involved with some student organizations as well.
Service Engagement: I plan on getting involved in service opportunities in the Columbus area in my time at OSU. In the past couple of years I have worked with children in numerous community service projects but have not yet been able to find a project that has fit into my schedule. I will hopefully get involved with a couple of those kind of projects sometime next year in order to benefit the community in Columbus and in the summer when I go home, I will return to my community service projects that I do in New York.