Crash Course Sensation and Perception

This video discusses sensation and perception in psychology. The main point is that sensation and perception are connected but different. Everyone has different thresholds of sensation which is dependent on the psychological state. Perception is how your brain transforms a sensation into information; the video uses the example of light being translated into an image. He also goes into detail about the eye and sight through the retina, rods, and cones.

This video is helpful to me by briefly describing an important concept in psychology. The video is entertaining and there are many examples. This helps to provide valuable context and make the information more memorable. The video is useful for a quick review before a test or final, just as an overview of the key points about sensation, perception, and sight as a sense. Overall, it is a great pre-test study tool.

One thought on “Crash Course Sensation and Perception

1. I like your blog post because it is unique and different that I have read. I’m interested in on how our brain works. Your blog on sensation and perception teaches how a person can’t even recognize theirs on the face! I never knew that would be possible not to recognize own self.The video is sure entertaining but educational for sensation and perception. I’m looking forward to reading your motivation blog for week seven.