Volunteer November 29th

On November 29th, I got the chance to volunteer for the OSU Dance Club among other Ohio state dance clubs at the union Performance hall. This group is a group that practices all semester making up different dances to perform for students and parents in one performance every semester. It is in its inaugural year at OSU and I was very impressed with how organized the event was. Many other clubs performed including the Dancesport club.

As, a volunteer for this event I dressed up professionally and helped with selling OSU Dance Club merchandise from 7:15-9:15 pm. Through this service, I got to interact with a whole group of other volunteers that were friends and family of the people performing. I hadn’t even known these groups exist and here they were working all year for this performance. Through this service, I learned about a whole culture of dancing and was introduced to many new people. It was a great experience to grow as a leader to better understand these people I never would have interacted with without this service experience. Rachel was a great organizer and really connected with the volunteers. Her email is Copes.3@osu.edu for any questions about this event. Because of this service experience, I am enlightened to a new culture.