Volunteering November 1st

This semester I got the chance to volunteer for many different organizations and explore for a place where I feel like I can make a real impact.

On November 1st from 6-7pm, I got the chance to volunteer for the Red Cross Blood drive recruitment event at the Ohio state union. In this event, OSU races against Michigan to donate the most blood in the largest blood drive at Ohio State. Here is a link detailing the event.

https://www.redcrossblood.org/local-homepage/news/article/buckeyes-and-wolverines-face-off-in-37th-annual–ohio-state-vs–.html

This is the shirt for the 37th annual Blood battle!

I volunteered at this event by way of the Future Physicians of Tomorrow Club which allowed its members to sign up and help spread the word of this blood drive.

In this event I stood at the Ohio Union door with my shirt and a sign asking the people passing if they had a few minutes to help save peoples lives and beat Michigan again! Although not many people had the time time to give blood this opportunity taught me how to cope with getting ignored and sometimes laughed at by people. Even when some people ignored me I still felt I made an impact when those people listened and talked to me about the event. I learned how to be a leader that is not rejected by failure and people not taking you seriously. I learned to fight through that and still try to make a change. Because of service learning, I am more comfortable causing social change.