Six new articles have been posted in this week’s issue number 1300 of the Ohio BEEF Cattle letter: http://u.osu.edu/beef/
With respect to concerns for the quality of this year’s first cutting hay, and now what might appear to be a reversal in rainfall pattern, this week we focus much of our attention on forages.
Articles this week include:
- Alfalfa Fertility Needs
- What Was That Early Maturing Grass In My Hay Fields?
- Horse Tales About Horsetails
- Supplemental Forages to Plant in July After Wheat
- Assessing Calf Death Losses in a Beef-Dairy Crossbreeding Program
- Feedlot Inventories at Another Monthly Record High
Small Ruminant News
- Iodine Deficiency in Small Ruminants
- Lucienne Downs, New South Wales Government District Veterinarian, Central Tablelands Local Land Services (Previously published online with New South Wales Government Local Land Services)…
- Wrangling More Days out of the Grazing Season for Sheep and Goats
- As the weather in Ohio continues to not only challenge our agricultural operations but also the activities of our daily life, it reminds us that…
- Nutrient Value of Wheat Straw
- Dr. Laura Lindsey, Associate Professor, Soybean and Small Grains Specialist Lee Beers, OSU Extension Educator ANR, Trumbull County Ed Lentz, OSU Extension Educator ANR, Handcock…