Beef Cattle News
Six new articles have been posted in this week’s issue number 1254 of the Ohio BEEF Cattle letter: http://u.osu.edu/beef/
Sometimes we end up with some ‘fall calvers’ simply because they were late to calve one of the years prior. However, maybe there’s merit in actually planning to have a fall calving herd. That’s exactly what Garth Ruff explores this week.
Articles this week include:
- Fall Calving, Is It Profitable?
- Using Nutrient Removal Rates to Improve Forage Productivity
- Four Never Fail Rules of Grazing
- Incorporating stockpiled fescue into the winter-feeding program
- Hay Baler Safety
- Factors Impacting Feedlot Placement
Justin Brackenrich, Field and Forage Crops Extension Educator, Penn State University Andrew Sandeen, Extension Educator, Penn State University (previously published with Penn State Extension: June 30,