New Law Bulletin Available on Selling Food at the Farm

Peggy Hall, Asst. Professor & Ellen Essman, Law Fellow, OSU Extension Agricultural & Resource Law Program

With spring in full swing and summer just around the corner, many producers may be considering selling produce, meats, cottage foods and baked goods directly to consumers at the farm property.  A question we often hear from farmers thinking about these types of farm food sales is, “do I need some type of license or inspection to sell food from the farm?”  Our new Law Bulletin Selling Food at the Farm:  When Do You Need a Licensehelps producers answer this important question.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *