Struggling with depression, anxiety, PTSD, or substance use? Want help?
Ohio Veterans NOW is seeking volunteers for a pilot trial investigating the use of Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) to improve mental health and problem substance use among Veterans.
Who is eligible?
- Veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard, or Reserves
- Residents of the State of Ohio
- Individuals willing to participate in the intensive program for mental health and substance use disorders
- No prior formal diagnoses or referrals are necessary
What to expect: Veterans helping veterans – up to 45 visits over 12 months
- Initial screening, comprehensive medical, functional, & veterans benefits assessments
- Personalized treatment plan, supportive services, peer mentoring
- 6 weeks (30 sessions) of intensive TMS, weekly medical visits, and therapies
- TMS will be given in synch with a person’s biorhythms
- Intermittent biorhythm reassessment visits and 4 follow up visits
- No out of pocket costs. Medical visits may be billed to eligible insurance
- Participation in Exercise is Medicine
- Referral to Integrative Medicine for ongoing services
What other kinds of therapies and services are part of Ohio Veterans NOW?
- 8 weeks of comprehensive wellness therapies and multidisciplinary specialist care at The Ohio State University addressing chronic pain, nutrition, sleep, exercise, coping strategies, and mindfulness; satellite sites have access to all of OSU’s online educational content
- Individualized, team-based plan of care overseen by board-certified health care professionals in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, Brain Injury Medicine, Addiction Medicine, Pain Medicine, Advanced Family Practice Nursing, Integrative Medicine, Clinical Psychology, Social Work, Pharmacy, Nutrition, Physical Therapy, Medical Massage Therapy, Athletic Training
- Innovative sensor technology and interactive apps to provide individualized feedback and motivation
- Partnership of state, local, and volunteer organizations to equip Veterans with skills and resources
- Data science initiatives to inform future best practices for our Veterans
Contact information for referrals
- Department of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, The Ohio State University
- FAX: 614-293-9705
- PHONE: 614-293-4840
- Link to more information about the PM&R Dodd/Davis clinic