Hey all, I hope you are doing well and pumped to start summer sessions tomorrow. Tomorrow starts your journey on becoming a member of TBDBITL!
A few reminders and announcements (please read this in its entirety)
- Percussion sectionals are starting on Thursday 6/10 at 5pm. Meet outside the stadium doors unless otherwise directed.
- On that note, no percussion sectionals tomorrow
- Instead, students who are checking out instruments should be at the Steinbrenner Band Center by 5:30 pm tomorrow
- For those who are vaccinated, masks are optional though indoors masks are required per The Ohio State University’s regulations
- Hydrate well, stretch, wear the appropriate footwear, and be ready to learn
We are so pumped to be able to meet you all finally. As always, don’t be afraid to ask questions.
Today is the first official day of Summer Sessions in preparation to make the 2020 edition of The Best Damn Band In The Land. We are so excited to see the improvement that candidates make as people and as players.
If you have yet to sign up for Summer Sessions, it is not too late. Visit the link below to sign up. Afterwards, you will be placed into a Google Classroom where fundamental videos will be made available. Furthermore, squad leaders will send personalized feedback on candidate’s marching and playing.
We hope that you have remained safe and well during this time. We cannot wait to get back and drum together!
Drive, Drive, Drive…
Thank you to all that came out and braved the weather this evening! Here are goals for next week.
- BT#1: 220 bpm (playing 8 8 24 24 iteration)
- BT#2: 200 bpm
- BT#4: 140 bpm
- To Each Their Own: Have this under your hands
Start working on section jams, we will work in sectionals on these the last week of June!
Starting this week, I will begin posting information regarding what music goals have been set for the next session or coming weeks. The following are goals set last night.
- BT (Buckeye Technique) #1: 220 bpm
- BT #2: 200 bpm
- BT #4: 134 bpm
- BT #6: 140 bpm
- BT #9: 132 bpm (beginning —> B)
- Everyday Jam: 108 bpm
Make sure to keep looking through the rest of buckeye technique as well!
We received 3 new exercises last night, Concussion, Bucks Beat 2.0, and Grooved Pavement. These will be uploaded as soon as possible. Along with Bucks Beat 2.0, make sure to check out the original Bucks Beat found in Music PDFs.
Keep working on all covered exercises and school songs, see you tomorrow night!
During last weeks focus sessions, we reviewed all marching fundamentals to date and continued to work on exercises and school songs. Here are some tempos we hit.
- Buckeye Technique 1: 221 bpm
- Buckeye Technique 2: 202 bpm
- Buckeye Technique 5: 176 bpm
- Buckeye Technique 6: 142 bpm
- Scramble: 176 bpm
- Lie: Played along with song up to tempo
Make sure to look at It’s About Time and all other exercises we have worked on this summer!
Great work on Scramble last night. Thanks for your work to make that playable, now we have to keep working to make it sound great. With the longer break ahead (no summer sessions on Tuesday) make sure to make good use of it. Review all exercises we have worked on and make sure you have them at the tempo goals set previously. Also, keep working on school songs and cadences.
We’ll see you next Thursday, have a great Independence Day!
Sorry for the late post. Yesterday, we worked on cadences and school songs mostly. Our goal to play all of Scramble on Thursday June 28th. Along with Scramble, keep working on all of the other music, exercises and school songs. We’ll see you Thursday!
Happy Summer Solstice! Due to the storms tonight we were limited on the marching portion but we got a lot of good playing in on exercises and school songs.
- Buckeye Technique 2: 200 bpm
- Building Blocks: 124 bpm
- No Joke Strokes: 187 bpm
Make sure to keep looking at
- Buckeye Technique 5 (with and without the ghost note)
- Ramp It Up
- School Songs
Practice hard this weekend and let’s meet our goals for this coming week!
Another great night of summer sessions! Without Mark tonight, we went into sub sectionals and worked a lot on school songs.
- Fight The Team
- Buckeye Battle Cry
- Beautiful Ohio (Full song)
- I Want To Go Back
Besides School songs, be sure to refer to older posts and keep up on all the other music that we have been working on.
IMPORTANT: Unfortunately, the snare sectional that was planned for tomorrow has been cancelled. A new date will be set soon.