For next weeks focus sessions, everyone will be meeting at 4 pm instead of 5 pm for extra sectional time. Mark and a few drum techs will be working with individual sections so it will be a great opportunity to get a more personal and in depth discussion about improvements you can make coming into these final weeks before tryouts.
Also a reminder that all requirements for the music audition are available to those that have registered for tryouts. Once registered, you should receive and email with this information.
Great focus week this week! Tryouts are a little over 4 weeks away and it will come fast.
Musically, we went through the mash up a lot this week, keep working through that. Also make sure we are looking at BT #7, To Each Their Own, and the rest of BT.
Another great night of practice last night! Mark is out this week so we are mostly doing sectional work. Our goals for this week include…
- To Each Their Own (All the way through)
- All of BT #9
- Section Jams (Agog, Ramified, Canorous)
- Cadence series
- All previously set goals
This will be the last week of learning fundamentals so make sure you are keeping up on the marching side of things!
Thank you to all that came and stuck it out through the rain last night! Here are the goals.
- Have all of Buckeye Technique ready to play, while meeting tempo goals set by previous sessions.
- Snares, Tenors, and Bass Drums: Look at your section specific Jam, (Agog, Canorous, and Ramified), we will likely play these on Thursday as well as much of next week.
- Keep working on Everyday Jam.
- Also, start looking at school songs. Fight the Team should be memorized for marching an playing on Thursday!
Let’s keep getting better!
Thank you to all that came out and braved the weather this evening! Here are goals for next week.
- BT#1: 220 bpm (playing 8 8 24 24 iteration)
- BT#2: 200 bpm
- BT#4: 140 bpm
- To Each Their Own: Have this under your hands
Start working on section jams, we will work in sectionals on these the last week of June!
Starting this week, I will begin posting information regarding what music goals have been set for the next session or coming weeks. The following are goals set last night.
- BT (Buckeye Technique) #1: 220 bpm
- BT #2: 200 bpm
- BT #4: 134 bpm
- BT #6: 140 bpm
- BT #9: 132 bpm (beginning —> B)
- Everyday Jam: 108 bpm
Make sure to keep looking through the rest of buckeye technique as well!
Music for the following has been uploaded to the website and can be found on the music PDFs page.
- Agog – Snare Jam
- Day Jam – All parts
- The 2019 Mash Up! – All parts
The audio file for the mash up can be found on the music MP3s page
This is a reminder that last weeks sectional was our last of the semester and that there is no sectional this week. Keep working on everything we covered this spring and we hope to see you on June 4th for the first Summer Session.
More information will be sent out before the first session but this is a reminder that we will not meet early on the first summer session June 4th, we will begin to meet early at 5 on June 6th.
Keep an eye on the website for updates!
Due to WGI Finals being next week, there will be no sectional on April 10th.
Keep practicing and let’s make sure we meet our goals on the 17th!
Here are goals set from our last sectional.
- Building Blocks: 132 bpm
- It’s About Time: 168 bpm
- To Each Their Own: 160 bpm
As always, refer to previous post for goals on other music.
Another reminder that there will be no sectional on April 3rd, see you on April 10th.