This week is a focus week, meaning all of our marching time will be sent reviewing the past month of fundamentals. This is a great opportunity for out of state students to attend and get a crash course on everything we have learned so far.
Our music goals stay mostly the same as last week as we spent lots of time on fundamentals last week. Keep expanding on the music additionally to last weeks goals. We will be playing Natty Jam this week.
- Review fundamentals (weeks 1-2) (7/5)
- Review fundamentals (weeks 3-4) (7/6)
- June 29: Obliques, side-steps/step-sides, up-step-turn, bow-tie drill (6/29)
- June 27: 6-to-5, adjusted step, backward adjusted step, slow turn,Short “Beautiful Ohio” memorized (m. 13, optional cut to m. 61) (6/27)
- Lateral slides, backward lateral slides, horn slides, “Fight the Team” memorized (6/22)
- Backwards marching, slide TTR (6/20)
- Regular TTR, box TTR, countdown drill (6/15)
- Flanks, *flashes, step-forward about face, box drill (6/13)
- Mark time, mark time drill, 8-to-5, marching and playing (6/8)
- In-place movements (attention, directional facings, chair step, **horns up, **horns down, posture) (6/6)
*denotes skill only utilized by brass performers, **not utilized by snare drummers