Natty Jam up to the tempo change (m. 38).
Building Blocks – We have been working the entire exercise in the 110-112 range. This will increase with time.
Gumball at 115 BPM.
Have Short Beautiful Ohio memorized for Thursday!
- Beautiful Ohio is found in the Full Scores section of the Music PDF’s page.
- Short BO starts at bar 13 and cuts to bar 61 at bar 28.
- 13-28, 61-end.
Anything from past weeks.
- June 27: 6-to-5, adjusted step, backward adjusted step, slow turn,Short “Beautiful Ohio” memorized (m. 13, optional cut to m. 61) (6/27)
- June 29: Obliques, side-steps/step-sides, up-step-turn, bow-tie drill (6/29)
- Lateral slides, backward lateral slides, horn slides, “Fight the Team” memorized (6/22)
- Backwards marching, slide TTR (6/20)
- Regular TTR, box TTR, countdown drill (6/15)
- Flanks, *flashes, step-forward about face, box drill (6/13)
- Mark time, mark time drill, 8-to-5, marching and playing (6/8)
- In-place movements (attention, directional facings, chair step, **horns up, **horns down, posture) (6/6)
*denotes skill only utilized by brass performers, **not utilized by snare drummers
Message to New Students:
While this may seem like an overwhelming amount of information to have missed out on, it is never too late to join us for summer sessions! The goal of these sessions is to learn and grow as a player, performer, and marcher. We can catch you up quickly to get you up to speed with the curriculum. Students need not to feel discouraged by missing any number of sessions as we have plenty of squad leaders and veteran members who are happy and willing to bring you up to speed. Do not be discouraged if you are unable to meet the playing goals; the point of these sessions is to grow!
Out of State/Unable to Attend:
Don’t worry about being left behind! Our veteran marching band members will help get you caught up on the fundamentals taught throughout the summer. This summer, we are offering two Focus Weeks (July 5-7 and August 1-3) that each will provide a review of music and marching fundamentals, so you can catch up without having to attend sessions over multiple weeks.
Our virtual Summer Sessions, returning in 2023, are also a tremendous opportunity to learn our marching and playing style from anywhere in the world. You can also upload a video of yourself marching to YouTube and our squad leaders will review it and give you feedback. Please send videos, unlisted, to squad leader emails below. It is suggested that students send videos of fundamentals grouped by the weekly schedule.
Marching Fundamental Instructional Videos:
Any questions, comments or concerns or marching/playing videos can be directed to: