The first segment of the battery jam for the 2022 season has been uploaded to the website. Check under music pdfs to get ahead of the music!
New music has been uploaded under the music tab. We will be playing through these during summer sessions.
– Buckeye Technique 4.0
– 16th Accents
Get an early jump on the music before our first session on June 7th!
- Register for summer session at this link.
- Start looking over buckeye technique 3.0 found under the music tab, and also at this link.
- Put together a 3-ring binder with plastic sheets to hold all the music from our website, and have clothespins/binder clips to pin pages if needed due to wind.
- Band doors are located between gates 10 and 12 of the stadium (which is on the stadium’s East side). Parking is available at the stadium, but it is not free (download the park mobile app or pay at the station).
- This announcement page will be updated frequently throughout the summer about what music and drill are covered during the week.
- Session starts at 6:30 at the practice field, please arrive early (30-45 min) to ensure you have enough time to check out a drum (this will be done in the band center).
- Bring water, and wear comfortable athletic wear / athletic shoes.
- We WILL NOT be having a sectional on the 7th. Our first sectional will be on the 9th.
- First sectional starting at 5 pm outside band doors, please arrive early to check out a drum.
- Be familiar with exercises from buckeye technique 3.0.
- Around 6:30 we will begin moving down to practice field for marching.
Hey all, I hope you are doing well and pumped to start summer sessions tomorrow. Tomorrow starts your journey on becoming a member of TBDBITL!
A few reminders and announcements (please read this in its entirety)
- Percussion sectionals are starting on Thursday 6/10 at 5pm. Meet outside the stadium doors unless otherwise directed.
- On that note, no percussion sectionals tomorrow
- Instead, students who are checking out instruments should be at the Steinbrenner Band Center by 5:30 pm tomorrow
- For those who are vaccinated, masks are optional though indoors masks are required per The Ohio State University’s regulations
- Hydrate well, stretch, wear the appropriate footwear, and be ready to learn
We are so pumped to be able to meet you all finally. As always, don’t be afraid to ask questions.
If you have not signed up for summer sessions yet, please do so at this link.
Summer sessions are not mandatory, but they will help prepare you for the rigorous tryouts to come. There is an in-person, virtual, and both option so that we can best serve you any way we can. More information can be found at the link above or our summer sessions tab.
Additionally, cymbal edits are up for all songs (excluding It’s About Time & Cadence Series).
Go Bucks – We can’t wait to see you all June 8th!
We have new music!
-Buckeye Technique 3.0
-I Spy JI
-Section Jams for the Bass and Tenor sections
-Updated Everyday Jam music
-It’s About Time
(Updated Cymbal notation coming shortly)
We are happy to announce a percussion camp open to incoming high school Juniors and Seniors, as well as to anyone who is intending to tryout for the drumline in August.
When: June 4, 6-9 p.m. | June 5, 9 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
Where: Joan Zieg Steinbrenner Band Center
Who: Current high school juniors and seniors as well as OSUMB veterans and candidates enrolled in college
How: Register at this link
Cost: Free to all attendees
More information can be found here: https://tbdbitl.osu.edu/percussion-camp
We hope to see you there! Go Bucks!!
Today is the first official day of Summer Sessions in preparation to make the 2020 edition of The Best Damn Band In The Land. We are so excited to see the improvement that candidates make as people and as players.
If you have yet to sign up for Summer Sessions, it is not too late. Visit the link below to sign up. Afterwards, you will be placed into a Google Classroom where fundamental videos will be made available. Furthermore, squad leaders will send personalized feedback on candidate’s marching and playing.
We hope that you have remained safe and well during this time. We cannot wait to get back and drum together!
Drive, Drive, Drive…
Due to The Ohio State University’s policy on moving school to online instruction for the rest of the semester, we will not be having sectionals until at least Wednesday, April 1st. We will send an announcement closer to that date in regards to whether or not we will hold the sectional.
In the meantime, don’t hesitate in asking last year’s squad leaders questions that you may have. Instead of viewing the interim time as an interruption, view it as an opportunity to work ahead. Keep bumping the tempos up, focus on the fundamentals, get new rep under the hands, and keep preparing for the summer and beyond. You are only as good as you practice!
Additional information can be found at: https://tbdbitl.osu.edu
Until next time,
It’s the start of spring break for us, but that does not mean that the progress stops! The tempo goals remain the same from last week (which can be found in our previous post), but we encourage you to push your hands and get better. In addition, now is a great time to get ahead and learn the rest of Buckeye Technique.
We’ll meet back on the 18th. Until then,