Description: The Ohio START program specifies a number of timelines that must be met in order to effectively serve families. The Needs Portal tracking system will help to measure some of these timelines, and we will also conduct quality assurance to monitor implementation and provide performance feedback to clinicians and caseworkers.
The Needs Portal is a hybrid web-based resource, referral and Management Information System (MIS) that enables individuals in need to receive services more efficiently and efficiently. The conceptual model is based around a support ticket / helpdesk system that opens and streamlines communication between child welfare caseworkers, traditional (social service) and non-traditional (faith-based) community agencies, and parent mentors to enable families in need to receive services more efficiently and effectively.
- Substance use behaviors noted at screening
- Universal screening tool (UNCOPE) was used at intake
- Screener triggered referral to behavioral health or substance use disorder provider
- Trauma screener was completed for the child and parent
- Ohio START referral was made within 30 days of report to child protective services (CPS)
- Substance use disorder screen completed within 30 days, if receiving a score of 3 on UNCOPE
- First shared-decision making meeting with family occurred within 2 days of referral to Ohio START
- Timelines for behavioral health assessment, first addiction treatment session, and minimum number of sessions were completed per the timelines outlined in the MOU
- Initial home visit included CPS worker and family peer mentor
- Weekly visits with family peer mentor were held for the first 60 days.
Data Sources: Data points extracted from The Needs Portal