Description: The outcome evaluation is designed to assess the long-term goals of the project. The outcome evaluation incorporates data from the intervention counties as well as control counties and including measures related to child safety.
- More children are able to remain safely in the home of their parents
- Increase rates of reunification for children placed in out-of-home care
- Reduced recurrence of child maltreatment
- Statewide Automated Child Welfare Information System (SACWIS): Caseworkers input relevant information about a case into SACWIS including date of investigation for child abuse and neglect, outcome of the investigation, demographic information about the family (e.g., date of birth, race/ethnicity, biological sex), and major case milestones (e.g., children placed in out-of-home care, date of reunification, date case is closed).
- UNCOPE – a 6-question screening instrument for substance abuse
- Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) Questionnaire – to assess caregiver trauma
- CTAC Trauma Screening Checklist – to assess child trauma