2021 PIIO Peloton
Captain: Zihai Li
Administrator: Teresa Kutcher
Peloton Name: Team Buckeye: OH!IO PeDa1ers
THIS YEAR LAST YEAR (actual)
• 100% participation ~80% participation
• Fundraising: $36,000 > $26,000 raised
• 25 riders / 45 members 36 members
1. Participation: The PIIO will have 100% participation from recruited faculty, postdoctoral researchers. The list below is those to date (1/1/21)
a. PIIO Recruits/Faculty
i. Ephraim Ansa-Addo
ii. Dongjun Chung
iii. Feng Hong
iv. Zihai Li (CAPTAIN)
v. Bei Liu
vi. Bill Wu
vii. Gang Xin
viii. Mark Rubinstein
i. Carter Allen
ii. No Joon Song
iii. Maria Velegraki
iv. Payton Weltge
v. Wenmei Wang
vi. Lei Zhou
vii. Johanna Schafer
viii. Anqi Li
ix. Yuzhou Chang
x. Hakan Cam
xi. Komal Das
xii. Kelsi Reynolds
xiii. Mohamed Yusuf
xiv. Zheng Hong Lee
xv. Karthik Chakravarthy
xvi. Taylor Chatlos
xvii. Afryea Henderson
xviii. Megan Hill
xix. Doyeon Kim
xx. Jianying Li
xxi. Weiwei Liu
xxii. Soo Mun Ngoi
xxiii. Yuli Ouyang
xxiv. Jing Wen
xxv. Tong Xiao
i. Tamra Brooks
ii. Donna Bucci
iii. James Fant
iv. Teresa Kutcher (ADMIN)
v. Kevin Weller
vi. Chelsea Bolyard
vii. Jamie Hamon
d. Invite PIIO email list and Zihai lab list to join.
2. Pelotonia Structure:
a. Riders –
i. Fundraising commitments range from $1,250 (20 mile ride) to $5,000 (High rollers). Check out the Pelotonia FAQs.
ii. Riders pay a $100 registration fee to cover ride expenses (snacks/drinks/RR/etc.).
b. Challengers –
i. Commit to raising $100
ii. Pay no registration fees.
c. Volunteers –
i. have no fundraising commitment but are encouraged to do so
ii. Can volunteer in a number of ways. Check out Pelotonia.org.
d. You can register as one, two or all three of these.
a. Personal fundraising resources can be found at Pelotonia.org or in the PIIO Family Team or the OH!IO PeDa1ers Team. Still have questions? Ask Teresa (Team Admin).
i. Utilize social media (facebook fundraisers, etc.)
ii. Please plan to advertise team fundraising on your social media.
iii. Don’t forget about Team Buckeye Raffle Tickets
b. Team Buckeye and Pelotonia Incentives – pay attention to your emails. There are incentives and perks that can help you along your journey.
c. PIIO Fundraising:
i. The PIIO will host an annual kick-off fundraising event each year.
1. 2021 Spring TBD – Celebration and Food Event
a. How to make this a fundraiser?
i. Pay per plate?
ii. “pick your poison” buy your dinner
iii. Special catering option
ii. The PIIO will host 2-3 group fundraising activities per year.
1. Monies raised will be equally split between all peloton members participating in the activity (i.e. no show = no money) at the time of the activity.
a. Personal fundraising – February – October
b. Kick-off – May -ish
c. Midway – June – ish
d. Silent Auction – 2nd annual – July
3. Brainstorming ideas:
a. Facebook fundraiser
b. Cornhole competition
c. Hosted/restaurant dinner (% of funds to peloton)
d. Donna offer Pilates sessions in BRT
e. PIIO T-shirt / polo shirt sales
g. Dunk tank
h. Escape room fun
i. BRT Window decorating contest (pay to vote/pay to play)
j. PLEASE PROVIDE ANY IDEAS YOU MAY HAVE!
iii. No more than 1/2 of the peloton member’s total fundraising goal can be received from sources other than their direct efforts.
iv. PIIO support or incentives – to be determined at a later date.
1. Examples might include: Incentive: reach 50% of goal and get $50, 100% of goal and get $100; Incentive: get $25 for each new member brought on board; Support: PIIO pay a portion of the registration fee; Reach 50% of goal – get 2 hours paid time off; Reach 100% of goal – get 4 hours paid time off
v. Vendor Solicitation: Kevin will follow up with the resources to companies we are purchasing from. (Teresa sent link and documents to Kevin).
4. Other Office Guidelines:
a. Members can meet during work hours to organize efforts or solicit donations as needed but limited to times deemed appropriate by their supervisor or the Director.
a. The PIIO peloton is open to family and friends of PIIO members and will receive the same “perks” as PIIO members. PLEASE encourage friends and family to participate.
b. Students can ride, train and wear identifier but must be on a “student” team to get the student discounted registration/goals.
i. Fund-sharing will be utilized but not until the end of the fundraising period. Members will be required to ask the Captain personally for shared funds. (Funds will not be automatically shared between all peloton members).
ii. Jerseys will be Team Buckeye and follow the Team Buckeye rules.
iii. PIIO identifier will be worn as well and determined at a later date. Ideas include:
1. arm bands,
4. helmet sticker.
5. bike license plate
d. 2020 OH!IO PeDa1ers Members:
EPHRAIM ANSA-ADDO HAITAO WEN
TAMRA BROOKS QIN MA
DONNA BUCCI XIAOPEI HUANG
KARTHIK CHAKRAVARTHY PATRICK GRANT
DONGJUN CHUNG HAZEM GHONEIM
JAMES FANT TONG XIAO
FENG HONG JENNY WANG
TERESA KUTCHER SHAOLI SUN
ZIHAI LI KEN OESTREICH
BEI LIU ANQI LI
BRIAN RIESENBERG AFRYEA HENDERSON
ELIZABETH ROBINS LYNN O’DONNEL*
NO JOON SONG JONATHAN BUTCHAR*
MARIA VELEGRAKI JAMIE HAMON
KEVIN WELLER MOHAMED YUSUF
BILL WU SOO NGOI
GANG XIN ANNA VILGELM
WENMEI WANG* VIDHYA KARIVEDU
YULI OUYANG KELSI REYNOLDS
6. Marketing Plan & Notifications:
a. The OH!IO PeDa1ers will rely on every member of the team to distribute physically, digitally, word-of-mouth, etc. any marketing items for events and information.
b. Members will receive marketing items via:
i. White Board reminders
ii. Calendar reminders
iii. Fundraising event flyers for distribution to peloton (eMailed)
iv. Bi-weekly update emails
c. Other places to market:
i. Team Buckeye space
ii. OH!IO PeDa1ers facebook page & Twitter account
iii. Pelotonia space
iv. Team member facebook and twitter accounts/Instagram/etc.
v. Team member places of patronage
1. Check out the Pelotonia.org page.
a. Past members can log in and change their password and update their profile.
b. New members can create a log in and create a profile.
2. Determine your level of participation.
3. Register for Pelotonia 2021 – February 18th at noon – make sure you choose the Team Buckeye: OH!IO PeDa1ers peloton. Send brief email to OSUPIIO@osumc.edu to let us know you have registered.
4. Make a plan for training, reaching challenge goals, fundraising, volunteering, etc.
a. Need help – get with Teresa! She can help.
5. Start working your plan!
6. Watch for the regular Team Buckeye, OH!IO PeDa1ers, and Pelotonia emails for information and encouragement.
7. Keep working your plan! Don’t be afraid to adjust as necessary!
8. Don’t stress – there is help! Reach out to Teresa and she will help or find someone who can.