We are hosting an Ice Cream Social fundraiser for the PIIO Anniversary and our peloton.
- MONDAY, JULY 26th 10:30 am – 4:30 pm
- We need you to donate at least $10 toward purchasing the ice cream (it will be accounted to your Pelotonia donations account after the event). Please turn in to Teresa by Friday at noon.
- We also need folks to man the ice cream table in 45 minute increments (at least 2 at a time). If you man the table you will receive an equal split of 75% of the proceeds from the event. Please send an email to Teresa.email@example.com by Friday at noon for one of the following shifts:
- Set up: 10 am – 10:45 am
- 10:30 – 11:15 am
- 11 -11:45 am
- 11:30 am -12:15 pm
- 12 – 12:45 pm
- 12:30-1:15 pm
- 1 – 1:45 pm
- 1:30-2:15 pm
- 2-2:45 pm
- 2:30-3:15 pm
- 3-3:45 pm
- 3:30-4:15 pm
- Close out and clean up: 4-5 pm
You’re invited to join Team Buckeye for an informative virtual town hall where we’ll give:
- an overview of what to expect for Pelotonia 2021,
- share resources for fundraising and training, and
- answer any questions you may have about all things Team Buckeye.
We hope you’ll join us on either June 2 from 2-3 p.m. or June 3 from 3:30-4:30 p.m.
All attendees will get $20 deposited into their fundraising account for participating, and five people will get an additional $25 for correctly answering trivia questions during the sessions.
Click the button below to register. A Zoom link will be sent to you prior to your chosen town hall date.
We need to start advertising for our Silent Auction now and build a frenzy for bidders this year.
To do that, we need your help and your willingness to post on social media, use in your emails, and whatever other way you have available to market this event. Below find some banners you can use. Please also add one to your OSU signature line. If you have a problem downloading, please let Teresa know and she will email your favorite to you.
We also need your items/services for sale. The items/services can be new, used, created, donated, baked, made, and of any genre.
Take a look at our silent auction site; you only need to send a picture, brief description, and estimated value to firstname.lastname@example.org and Teresa will post it to the site. The more items we have and the sooner we have them, the more excitement we can generate. This will help you reach your fundraising goal as you will receive 70% of the sale price of each item of yours that sells. The remaining 30% will be pulled with everyone else’s and split evenly between everyone who participates.
Be creative! Ask your family and friends to donate items! Tell everyone about the auction! Post about the auction!
Hello PeDa1ers! I hope you are having a great Friday!
We are planning a fun kick off based on the old Hollywood Squares game show.
- If you would like to participate, please let Teresa (email@example.com) know.
- We are looking at a May date – but it is not yet set in stone.
- We have some Pelotonia folks who have volunteered.
- We would like to make this a fund raiser – but I need some help figuring that out. Please share any ideas! 🙂
The PeDa1ers can win a $1,000 bonus if we bring in 10 or more riders between April 12-25.
- This money will go to the peloton and then be shared evenly at the end of the fundraising time.
It’s time for Team Buckeye Raffle Tickets again!
- Please let me know how many you would like, and Teresa will order them for you.
- Then you can pick them up from her office. (Or you can order yourself)
- If you like, Teresa will also take care of turning in tickets and monies, but she must receive them by August 16th.
Featured 2021 Prizes
- Two season tickets for all Ohio State Home Football Games in 2021 (two winners) *
- Cabin for two on-board the 2022 Buckeye Cruise for Cancer, including a $600 airfare voucher **
- A personally customized A:1 Adventure Bike from Roll Bicycle. Package includes cycling helmet and lock
- A suite for 12 to an Ohio State Men’s Basketball game
- A suite for 12 to an Ohio State Women’s Basketball game
- A suite for 12 to an Ohio State Men’s Hockey match
- A $500 VISA gift card from Team Buckeye (three winners)
Check back here for updates on prize packages for 2021!
How It Works
- Raffle tickets are distributed free of charge to any Team Buckeye member looking to supplement their Pelotonia fundraising efforts.
- Email us to let us know how many tickets you would like to reserve. Tickets come in increments of 25. Unsold tickets can be returned with no penalty.
- In your email, include your name, Participant ID, mailing address, phone number and Team Buckeye Peloton name.
- Tickets must be sold for $10 a ticket.
- Payment for tickets must be made by check payable to Pelotonia. Please include the Participant ID or Peloton name in the memo section of all checks collected.
- Raffle entries and payment must be returned via mail to: Team Buckeye, PO Box 818, Columbus, OH 43216
- DO NOT mail your checks and raffle ticket entries to Pelotonia.
- All money and raffle entries must be returned no later than end of day, Friday, August 20.
- Raffle winners will be drawn on Friday, August 27 at 3 p.m. and will be broadcast live on the Team Buckeye Facebook page. Winners will be contacted immediately thereafter.
- 100% of the funds raised from ticket sales will be directed to your personal fundraising account or to a Peloton’s account as directed by the ticket seller.
Rules and Regulations
- Proceeds from raffle tickets sales will be deposited into the fundraising account of one Team Buckeye member or one peloton team account as directed.
- Under no circumstances are raffle tickets to be given away in exchange for a donation made directly to an individual’s Pelotonia profile page or to a peloton’s profile page.
- Raffle prizes are non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- Purchasing a raffle ticket is not a charitable contribution and no gift acknowledgement will be provided.
- Raffle purchaser need not be present to win.
- Individuals must be 18 years of age or older to purchase tickets.
- Raffle entries/payment/unused tickets must be returned to Team Buckeye, PO Box 818, Columbus, OH 43216, no later than Friday, August 20, 2021 to be eligible for the drawing.
- When returning ticket stubs and money, please include the Participant ID or Peloton Name, Amount Enclosed and Date on the deposit envelope provided with your tickets.
- If the ticket buyer is an Ohio State University Faculty, Staff or Student, please check the appropriate box on the ticket stub.
- Complete details on raffle packages will be provided to winners.
100% of proceeds dedicated to cancer research at The Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center – Arthur G. James Cancer Hospital and Richard J. Solove Research Institute.
* In the event that the 2021 Ohio State football season is modified due to restrictions on public gatherings, and as determined by the Ohio Department of Health and the State of Ohio, the winner(s) of the season tickets will have the option of accepting the 2021 season tickets for the modified season or deferring the entire 2021 season ticket package to the 2022 season. In the event that the 2021 Ohio State football season is cancelled, the winners will still be selected on August 27, 2021 and the season ticket package(s) will be provided for the 2022 football season.
** In the event that the Buckeye Cruise for Cancer 2022 trip (dates TBD) is modified due to restrictions on public gatherings, and as determined by the Ohio Department of Health and the State of Ohio, the winner of the package will have the option of accepting the 2022 cruise package as modified or deferring the 2022 package to the 2023 Buckeye Cruise for Cancer. In the event that the Buckeye Cruise for Cancer 2022 trip is cancelled, the winner will still be selected on August 27, 2021 and the cruise package will be provided for the 2023 Buckeye Cruise for Cancer trip.