Southern Ohioans have a great opportunity to slide across the Ohio River to join a wonderful maple event scheduled for October 14th in Wayne, West Virginia. Just across the water from Lawrence County, OH, our partners at Future Generations University and West Virginia University are putting on a workshop titled “Forest Management for Sap Production: Why You Should ‘Think Maple’ .”
Lunch is provided and the workshop goes from 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM and features sugarhouse and sugarbush tours at Tom’s Creek Maple.
Specific talk sessions are as follows:
- Managing for sap production / Managing for timber production / or both!!
- Sap collection systems
- Managing a woodlot for sap production (hands-on and forestry tech talk heavy)
- Integrating other forest farming activities into your sugaring operation
- Forest health threats to maple
- Technical resources through the OH/WV Maple Toolbox
Slots can be reserved by emailing email@example.com. Don’t miss out on a great learning opportunity to learn from syrupmakers in the far southern tier of what Ohio producers can expect to encounter in maple sugaring.