- Download a PDF of your college transcript (unofficial is acceptable)
- Make a PDF of your resume or C.V.
- Read about and rank your research area and faculty mentor choices
- Contact a faculty member who knows your scientific ability well to ask them to serve as a reference. You will provide that faculty members’ name and email address in your application and Ohio Five will follow up with an emailed request for a letter of recommendation.
- Fill out the online application form and upload the documents above
- All application materials are due by February 15, 2023 **Application opens Nov. 18, 2022**
The application includes a series of questions that you should consider before starting the application:
- Describe the areas of research you would like to explore in a summer research program like SURE
- Identify three potential investigators (faculty) of interest and explain why you are interested in those labs or projects
- List what science and math classes you will complete this academic year (though the end of spring)
- Give a description of your previous laboratory or research experience
- State your plans for the future