About Me

headshot

Meredith Oglesby

• Major: Agricultural Communication
  • Minor: Environment, Economy, Development and Sustainability
  • Involvement: Agricultural Communicators of Tomorrow, Alpha Zeta Partners, College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences Ambassador
  • Internships: Communication Intern at the Ohio Association of Foodbanks, Communication Assistant at the Sustainability Institute, Ohio FFA Reporter for the Ohio Country Journal

Meredith is originally from Hillsboro, Ohio and grew up on a beef cattle farm. Meredith has traveled to Nicaragua, Australia, Brazil, England and Scotland during her undergraduate studies. Once graduating in the spring, Meredith hopes to attend graduate school in agricultural communication, with the goal to one day work in the nonprofit sector focusing on food security and hunger.

To view Meredith Oglesby’s full resume

Why I decided to pursue Global Option

I have a love for traveling and learning, which is exactly what global option provides for students. Participating in education abroad programs has influenced the perspective I have on the world and opened my eyes to global issues. Global Option provides me a way to reflect on my experiences abroad and to think critically about topics on an international level. I feel the skills I have developed through studying abroad will be essential in my future career and I am confident Global Option will provide me with the basis to understand and communicate all I have learned.

My Goal for Global Option

1. Understand and learn how to effectively communicate my education abroad experiences in personal and professional settings.
  2. Challenge the perspective I have about the world and learn more about culture, people and countries
  3. Become better equipped to be  a global leader in agriculture
  4. Create an intentional goal to stay involved internationally once graduating from college
  5. Learn how to connect my interests of communication, food security and hunger to the experiences I have had while abroad