The below information has been compiled from a variety of sources for educators needing some additional information, help, or ideas for teaching about bats. Also be sure to check out the Bat Week Video Series.
Basic information about bats:
- Mammals of Ohio Field Guide – ODNR, Division of Wildlife
- Bat Conservation International
- Drive me Batty – article by Marcey Shafer, Fairfield Co. Park District
- Indiana Bats in the Columbus and Franklin Co. Metro Parks – article by Carrie Morrow, Resource Manager
- Meet the Little Brown Bat
- What is a Bat Poster – ORDER HERE
Activity Guides and Lesson Plans:
- Project EduBat – curriculum for grades K-12, activities, crafts, publications, and printables
- Project WILD
- Project Underground
- BatsLIVE – A Distance Learning Adventure
- National Bat Week Educator Resources
- Night Friends Activity Guide
Information on White-Nose Syndrome (WNS):
- White-Nose Syndrome in Ohio Bats – ODNR, Division of Wildlife
- White-Nose Syndrome Response Team – US Fish & Wildlife
- EduBat Activity – There’s a Fungus Among Us!
- New WNS Video Game
Managing for Bats:
- Please visit our Habitat Management and Get Involved tabs for more information on managing bats on your property or in your community.
The Value of Bats: