Working at The College of Veterinary Medicine at OSU

This past year I have had the opportunity to work in a 3rd-year parasitology lab under Dr. Marsh and Catherine Bremer at the Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine. My main responsibilities include cleaning and preparing the lab, but this past semester I was able to sit in during class. During the lab, I was able to help teach students various diagnostic tests that they will later use in their careers. Some of these included a double centrifugation fecal float, the Modified Stolls, direct smears, and simple sedimentations. I learned how to clean and prepare a graduate-level lab and was able to observe one throughout the semester. This also allowed me to also learn alongside the students. I also made valuable connections in the vet school and spoke with many students about their experience so far. Over winter break this even gave me the opportunity to help with some research on canine parasites. I really enjoyed my time this past year working with everyone and learning about veterinary parasitology.