The Honors & Scholars G.O.A.L.S serve as a way to motivate students and focus their academic careers towards the improvement of themselves and their community.
- Global Awareness: Students learn how to appreciate diversity in their community and become aware of the world around them through education and life experiences.
- I am very passionate about this goal, finding my love of travel and other cultures on my trip with People to People International. Since then, I have visited one other country, Costa Rica, and I plan to continue traveling through study abroad. I hope to one day work as a zoo veterinarian, helping to educate others on exotic wildlife and the problems they face globally.
- Original Inquiry: Students push themselves to ask new and original questions, and look towards the research process for answers. They understand how to use the process to answer their questions and know how to find resources that can assist them in this.
- Academic Enrichment: Students continuously push themselves to find rigorous coursework and opportunities for the betterment of their education.
- Leadership Development: Students work to develop their leadership skills that they can use in the classroom, workplace, and extracurriculars.
- I continuously strive to better my leadership skills through placing myself into positions to lead others. I competed in competitions in which I created clubs to educate children and coordinated plans to lead 20 of my peers. I have also attended leadership workshops in which I learned the best leaders are ones who can apply their strengths for the betterment of a team.
- Service Engagement: Students are committed to the improvement of their community through service work.