Year in Review

Coming into my first year of college, I knew that making new friends was going to be tough for me. I’ve always had an established group of friends and tended not to go out of my comfort zone, so this year has been a formative time in changing that. I am blessed to have been accepted into the Humanitarian Engineering Scholars group where I made friends who I believe will be life long. Many of these people share my love for engineering, and it was awesome interacting with them in the dorms and in class. Being open to opportunities has also been something I worked towards throughout this year. From clubs, sports, and Greek life, I never would have thought I would be spending much time being involved in it. I am also glad to have found my major suitable for me and very enjoyable at times. I have made many accomplishments in and out of class such as coding a Battleship game using MATLAB or completing my pledgeship for the Christian Fraternity, BYX. Through all of the experience gained during my first year at OSU, I have become more confident in my character and skill.