Freshman Year Reflection: November 2017

Throughout the past few months, my life has drastically changed, as I left my home and began to attend The Ohio State University. While this is obviously a life-changing event, I have not found a huge change from my home life to my college life. Outside of the obvious, such as having roommates, a tiny bedroom, eating buffet food all day, and harder classes, my life is not significantly different. However, one big change has been the people that I associate myself with. I never could have imagined the people that I would have met and become friends with, mostly because of the vast number of people at this school. I hope to continue meeting new people and having new experiences during my undergraduate career here at Ohio State. Additionally, I hope begin performing research and meeting even more people. I have heard that it is very important to create a “network” of people for professional success, and this is my way of doing it.

In addition to meeting new people, I hope to eventually join clubs that I am interested in and allow myself to relax from the stress of my classes. The honors classes I have to take are much more difficult than those that I remember from high school. The classes are much more in depth and the tests are much more application based than I am used to. Overall, though, I am excited for the challenge that Ohio State brings for me. I hope to continue improving both my personal attributes and my professional resume through this wonderful university.