Artifacts

I am learning a lot of interesting things in my intro to animal science class. I learned about the controversies surrounding gestation stalls and the controversies surrounding cultured meat compared to plant-based or animal meat. When it comes to controversial topics like these, there is no right answer. Everyone has their own opinions that rightfully support their standpoint and each side has both pros and cons to their stance. For example, some people believe that letting sows be raised free range will give them freedom and that keeping sows in gestation crates is emotionally traumatizing to them. But the other side claims that gestation crates keep sows from getting disease and allows more control over caring for them in feeding them and giving them water. Throughout college so far, I’ve learned that I am pretty good at organizing my time and school work. I learned that I make friends pretty easily. I was worried that I wouldn’t get along with all my suite mates, but we all get along really well. We actually do most things together and we all vibe every night. At first, getting used to Carmen was stressful and I was worried I would miss an assignment or zoom. But six weeks in, I am confident in my ability to use Carmen. Another thing I struggled with was finding my way on campus. Especially since I lived so far from classes. But by mapping out my way to my in person classes, I ended up discovering more of campus and becoming more comfortable with finding my way around campus. One of my goals was to join a club and become more involved, and I have achieved it by joining the Pre-Veterinary Medical Association club and the movement variations club. I also went to the library which I had been putting off because I’d just always been studying in Morrill Tower. I also stay active by going on walks and playing tennis.