After a thorough and competitive selection process, I am happy to announce that Carol Allen has accepted a new role as Treasury and Credit Card Fiscal Officer in the CFAES Business Operations Center. Carol has been with the BOC for six years and has developed a strong expertise in financial matters including CVent and other revenue software, treasury functions, and travel. She has served as a subject matter expert representing CFAES for Workday on the Expenses group.
As I announced verbally at our Finance Meeting earlier this month, Jesse Buxton was selected for and has accepted a new position in CFAES, as the County Fiscal Officer for Extension. Jesse has been with the BOC for eleven years, where he has developed a strong customer service approach, and has experience with both group and individual training. He has significant knowledge about the financial systems that are needed for the County Fiscal Officer job, and a history of assisting staff with practical questions and issues related to them.
Reminder to support staff in the Southwest Region.
|Qualtrics is an online survey tool that can be used to collect information from Extension clientele, such as:
- Workshop registrations
- Session selection and dietary (or other) needs of workshop participants
- Chartfield information for internal payments (unavailable for taking credit card payments, you’ll use Cvent for this type of registration)
- Participant interest in joining an email listserv to receive future information
- Surveys to participants after a workshop is completed
This Zoom training will be 2 hours long and will cover the basics of setting up your Qualtrics account and creating and launching surveys.
Please reply to the email if you are able to attend this training. If you didn’t receive the email invite please contact: Patty Corfman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for Special Chapter Award nominations is Sunday October 1.
The deadline for Creative Works and Media Contest submissions is Monday October 2.
The deadline for Team Teaching Award Applications is Monday, October 2.
For more information, click here.
To ensure you receive the full 2018 premium credit in this year’s Open Enrollment, you need to complete the Personal Health Assessment (PHA), including health values, by November 30, 2017.
New this year was the implementation of the Health Reimbursement Account (HRA). If you completed the PHA, you have earned $25 into the HRA to use towards eligible health care expenses. To review information about the HRA, please visit https://hr.osu.edu/benefits/hra/. There you will find:
- HRA Quick Start Guide
- How to Manage Your Account
- Eligible Expenses for Reimbursement
If you participate in the YP4H program earning incentive points, you may also have earned extra funds into your HRA account. The deadline for participating in the incentive program in 2017 is also November 30.
Microsoft Office Online and BuckeyeBox have joined forces for a winning combination. Beginning September 6, you will be able to create and edit Office Online files directly from the Box web client. Box for Office Online can be used across operating systems and be used on mobile devices, which is an improvement over the Box for Office application that runs as an extension of the Microsoft Office suite for Windows. Read more Contact or 614-688-4357
It is now time for our CES Fall membership drive. All support staff with at least a 45 percent appointment with Extension, should receive a recruitment email. Applications will be submitted online only – please see the link in the email you receive. The membership drive will run from September 15th until October 15th. Should you have any questions, or if you do not receive the email please contact Paige Matney, Membership Secretary (email@example.com).
(Source: Email from Jeff McCutcheon, 8/30/17…info approved by BOC)
A few educators have received an email recently from the Business Office requesting clarification on their travel before the reimbursement can be processed. When we asked for additional information so that your travel reimbursement is not delayed, we have found the following:
- In order to be able to audit the mileage, the complete address needs to be entered in the sections requesting starting point, destination, ending point as well as the name of the location.
- At the top of the reimbursement form is a space for your Home Address and Headquarters address. If you complete this information at the top of the reimbursement, you will only need to put HQ or Home in the description of the starting and/or ending locations.
- It is important to be clear with your Business Purpose (who you met with and why you were there). Add action language such as attended, gave presentation, what you discussed or did.
- Instead of just Farm Visit you could put, met with John Smith to discuss beef cattle questions
- Abbreviations can be used if they are found on the Acronyms and Abbreviations List found at https://cfaesfinance.osu.edu/resource
- If an abbreviation is not found on the above link and you spell it out once on the entry of the complete business purpose (example IPM – integrated pest management), in subsequent entries during the same month, you can abbreviate it as IPM.
Bottom line…please be descriptive but you do not need to write a book. Look at your reimbursement with the thought, if someone were to audit this in the future, would it be clear as to the purpose of the trip. This will help you get reimbursed in a timely manner.
Addressing drug misuse in today’s world. Presented by the OSU College of Pharmacy.
This event is FREE for Extension educators and includes lunch. Registration is required. The meeting will be held on Friday, October 6 from 9:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. at COSI, 333 W. Broad Street, Columbus.
This symposium will feature a keynote presentation by Dr. Mark Hurst (Medical Director, Ohio Mental Health and Addiction Services) as well as special track for OSU Extension Educators and grant project teams relating to:
- Training in medication safety outreach and prescription drug misuse prevention
- Educational materials and support resources
- Evaluation support
- Team planning for Generation Rx grant recipients
View the Full Schedule
View Session Descriptions
Director Rennekamp encourages you to consider participating in this grant program by submitting a Letter of Intent requesting support for an engaged teaching, research, or outreach program. OSU Extension is one of the major stewardship partners that provides the funds for these grants. It would be great to have numerous proposals from CFAES.
On behalf of the Connect and Collaborate Program Stewardship Partners, this note is to inform you that the 2017-18 grants program supporting engaged teaching, research and service activities will be announced university-wide next week. The maximum grant award is $70,000.
Please share this opportunity with your leadership teams, faculty, staff and students across all teaching and research activities.
Information and application materials are available at http://oaa.osu.edu/ccgrants.
The Connect and Collaborate Stewardship Partners include: The Columbus Foundation; Greater Columbus Arts Council; United Way of Central Ohio; Corporate Engagement Office; Office of Energy and Environment; Office of International Affairs – Global Gateways, Global One Health; Office of Outreach and Engagement; Office of Research – Discovery Themes, Industry Liaison Office; Office of Undergraduate Education – Office of Service-Learning, Office of Undergraduate Research and Creative Inquiry; OSU Extension; and OSU Wexner Medical Center.
For more information about the program, please contact Mark McCann at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I’m excited to share with you that Extension Annual Conference and the university’s Engagement Forum are building on their successes to host the inaugural university-wide Community Engagement Conference, January 24-25 at the Ohio Union.
The conference will bring together community engagement practitioners (faculty, staff, students and community partners) to focus on professional development and networking, while exploring new potential engagement partnerships. The theme of this year’s conference is “Partnering to Advance Health and Wellness.”
We are currently seeking proposals for conference presenters. If you are interested in sharing your expertise or know someone who may be, please submit your proposal or forward this information to your colleagues.
- Proposals will be accepted through Oct 30.
- Presenters will be notified no later than Nov 21.
- Conference registration will open in October.
Thank you for your consideration. If you have additional questions, contact email@example.com.
Please also keep January 23 reserved for an OSUE-only conference day before the Community Engagement Conference.