Module 5: Web-Enhanced Listening and Viewing Strategies

Online resources might be one of the most essential tools for a new student to find success.  Of course it is important to find what strategies work for you, but online resources could be just the strategy you need.

It is quite evident that you are now responsible for your learning.  Nobody is going to make sure you are showing up to class, or are getting your assignments done.  One thing that I have already done to tackle these academic demands is by using online resources to keep pace with in class notes.  I sometimes take notes on an online resource called notability.  It is a great place to store all your notes for any class (and it saves paper). This will keep you focused and listening in class, and keep you in pace with your course materials.

One online strategy I have looked into at least a little bit would be seeking out online resources.  If I am missing a formula for math problem, or a definition for a term, I use google just like everybody else.  But, one thing I would like to introduce into my academics more would be seeking out separate, online lessons on the same topics I am currently covering in my classes.  This could possibly offer a new or a refreshing  piece of information for your current academic lessons