The 2014 East Ohio Women in Agriculture Conference will be March 28 in New Philadelphia, OH. This is a joint effort of ANR and FCS educators in the Crossroads EERA (which is comprised of the following counties-Stark , Wayne, Mahoning, Columbiana, Tuscarawas, Holmes, Carroll. Harrison, Jefferson, Coshocton, Muskingum, Guernsey). We would appreciate your help in promoting/sharing this with women in your networks.
Some ideas on how you can help:
1. Email the link http://go.osu.edu/womeninageast to women who have participated in your programs in the past.
2. Print the flyer from http://go.osu.edu/womeninageast and include in a mailing or newsletter. (Registration is available online and the link is provided on the flyer.)
3. Include a link/statement in your email newsletters.
4. Include in radio programs or news columns. (Press release is forthcoming.)
We appreciate your help in spreading the word!
Emily Adams, ANR Educator, Coshocton County
Melinda Hill, FCS Educator, Wayne County
Chris Kendle, FCS Educator, Tuscarawas County
Heather Neikirk, ANR Educator, Stark County
Kate Shumaker, FCS Educator, Holmes County
Sandy Smith, ANR Educator, Carroll County
Ohio State University Extension Stark County and Women Farm present the Women in Food, Agriculture and Network Forum. Join us to connect, cultivate, communicate and collaborate with other local women involved or interested in food, agriculture and environment.
• CONNECT with new peers in networking activities
• CULTIVATE relationships with keynote speaker Cindy Petitti, Anthony Petitti’s Organic Gardening Center and Farm Market as she shares her journey as a woman in agriculture and small business
• COMMUNICATE useful tools & resources during our “Topic/Resource Grazing” sessions
• COLLABORATE to create our local network facilitated by Sharon Sachs, PhD of Women Farm, leader in statewide networking among women farmers
Cost is $30 per person (Includes forum, packet, continental breakfast, lunch and snack). Registration deadline is FEBRUARY 14TH. Make checks payable to Ohio State University.
To register visit http://go.osu.edu/starkwomeninagforum or scan the QR code in the upper right hand corner.
For more information contact Heather Neikirk, Extension Educator, Agriculture and Natural Resources, OSU Extension Stark County at 330-830-7700, xt.116 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org