Are you interested in promoting Farm to School activities in your local schools and communities? Attend a regional Ohio Farm to School Workshop to learn about supporting and developing Farm to School programs in your community!
Encourage local food service directors, community educators and local producers to participate, too.
Workshop sessions will provide information and resources on the following topics:
- Farm to School updates at a state, regional and national level
- Purchasing Local Foods for Schools—The Cafeteria Perspective
- Food safety related to Farm to School
- Direct Marketing—Connecting producers, cooperatives, distributors with schools
- The Education Connection—Farm to School in the classroom
- Networking opportunities
Regional Workshop Locations:
|Northwest||April 29||Perrysburg, OH||Hilton Garden Inn|
|Southwest||April 30||Mt. Orab, OH||Mt. Orab Elementary School|
|Southeast||June 10||Nelsonville, OH||The Inn at Hocking College|
|Northeast||September 26||North Canton, OH||Walsh University as a pre-conference to the National Hunger Dialogues on September 26 & 27|
|Central||October 24||Columbus, OH||Ohio 4-H Center|
For more information contact OSU Extension Stark County Agriculture and Natural Resources Extension Educator and Local Foods Signature Program Co-coordinator, Heather Neikirk @ 330-830-7700, xt.116; @ firstname.lastname@example.org; or on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/osuestarkanr or twitter : @neikirkstarkanr