Module 5: Web-Enhanced Listening and Viewing Strategies

This week was all about the ways in which we take notes and listen during class. Taking notes is incredibly important in college because you are most likely going to have quizzes and exams that cover the class material. With note-taking, it’s best to K.I.S.S. (Keep it simple, stupid) and to work smarter and not harder, since you are on a collegiate level, professors are prone to go through the material a bit faster. In our list of references I found a great tool called Crash Course, it’s a Youtube channel where it’s all things academia in a more interesting and entertaining way. I have put into practice reviewing/studying material from a course (i.e. Organic chemistry) and then going to view the Crash Course videos that correspond. Doing this allows me to fill in any gaps that I missed while studying and ultimately helps me understand the bigger picture while refreshing me of material I just reviewed. Building the correct study regimen for you is most effective in your first year because it will carry on with you throughout your time here. There’s a lot of resources that are readily available to help you ace your next exam, you just have to search around and figure out what’s best for you and your learning behaviors. From what I have learned from this module, it’s best to stay as organized as possible and review material from a class after it’s over, that way you are already giving yourself a headstart when it’s time to study for a quiz/exam.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/user/crashcourse/playlists